Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week 8 Day 2: Open Card Sorting Exercises

Today's class was devoted to open card sorting.  We all participated, both as testers/observers & sorters.

I was one of the first round testers.  I tested three participants, observing, keeping notes, & taking photos.


Participant 1: LeAnne




My first participant divided the site into 8 main divisions: Home, Room Rates, Package Deals, Special Events, Gallery, Location, About Us, & Policies.



Participant 2: Alyssa




My second participant divided the site into 18 main divisions: Home, Welcome, Make Reservations, Special Offers, Special Events, Gallery, Guest Comments, Press, Awards, Location, Local Attractions, City Events Calendar, History, About Us, Policies, Terms of Use, Partners/Links, & Contact Us.


Participant 3: Michelle





My last participant divided the site into 8 main divisions, similar to the first subject, though Home is not part of the nav, rather where all the divisions branch from.  These 8 main divisions were as follows: Welcome, Room Rates, Special Events/Offers, Gallery, Local Attractions, Policies, About Us, & Contact Us.


As I look forward to the upcoming closed card sorting tests, I definitely want to keep my main divisions at 8 or fewer to make it easier to navigate.  Right now I'm looking at defining those as Home/Welcome, Rooms/Rates, Gallery, Special Offers, Policies, & Contact/About Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment